As Campus Ministry student staff, Student Ministers cultivate a culture of faith within in the residence halls and off-campus university housing and carry out a ministry of presence as they build relationships with their peers.
Student Ministers spend time in their residence hall every week, praying with students and offering support and encouragement throughout their faith journey. In addition to providing opportunities for spiritual growth in each residence hall, Student Ministers are responsible for planning and facilitating weekly campus-wide activities and programs for students.
Student Ministers are comprised of two communities: The House Ministers and Resident Ministers.
The House is the community of student ministers responsible for outreach to first-year residence halls. House Ministers live together in "The House" as a community and share a common mission.Learn More
Resident Ministers are student ministers who live in upperclassmen residence halls as a resource for those students. They encourage spiritual growth and fellowship through facilitating CUA on Tap and other gatherings.Learn More
In pursuit of the holiness of Christ, who lived in the joy of the Spirit and offered the ultimate sacrifice of self, we the Student Ministers commit to a vision of prayer, service, and mutual love and respect for our community, our university, and ourselves.
As individuals, we strive to achieve a deeper life of prayer, a commitment to our academic responsibilities, and recognition of our role of public witness to the Catholic faith within the university.
As a family brought together by God, we embrace Christ as the center of our lives, and we recognize that our calling as a community requires an accountability to each other in upholding a deeper life and appreciation for each other as unique individuals and children of God.
We work to actualize the message of the Gospel at our university through the service we have committed to as student ministers. In all things, we seek to uphold the ideals of Catholic University and the mission of Campus Ministry.
Our vision of Student Ministry is a community of life, love, laughter, where we seek to foster our growth as members of the Body of Christ, committed to each other and to our work. From this communion will spring the strength and desire to engage our campus in the joyful and life-giving message of the Gospel.
Student Ministers must be passionate about spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ as well as open and flexible in their weekly schedule. You will be required to balance ministry, community, academics, self-care, prayer, and rest. Student Ministers go through training each August and January to equip them for the following responsibilities and can find support as they work under the supervision of a Campus Ministry Pastoral Staff member throughout the year.
- Ministry Responsibilities: Attend weekly Campus Ministry Staff meeting, weekly supervision meeting and professional formation functions. Conduct residence hall ministry duties, lead weekly Renew groups, advertise Campus Ministry events, organize programming for your specific ministry community, including: Friday Nights, Cellar Nights, CUA on Tap, and other ministry programs.
- Community Responsibilities: Attend weekly community business meeting, weekly community prayer, weekly community meal, and community fellowship.
- Prayer and Spiritual Responsibilities: Attend and participate in community prayer, community Mass, Sunday university Mass, Adoration, House Mass, Renew group, and class retreat.
Student Ministers are selected through an application process from November–March for the following academic year.
We highly encourage all applicants new and returning to read the questions document first and preparing your answers before submitting the applications.
- Application for 2022-2023 Student Ministry, click here; the questions on the application can be found here to help you prepare for the application.
- Application for Returning 2022-2023 Student Ministry, click here; the questions on the application can be found here to help you prepare for the application.
- Application are due by, Monday, February 6
- Submitted by 11:59 p.m.
- Phase I interviews: Saturday, February 11th, 2023 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. in Campus Ministry
- If you cannot make the interviews there will be makeup interviews on February 9th & 10th.
- Phase I Decision letters will be distributed on February 14th, 2023
- Phase II interviews with Pastoral Staff in Campus Ministry:
- Thursday, February 16th 2023 (For Overseas Skype and Returning Student Ministers)
- Friday, February 17th, & Monday, February 20-21, 2023
Position Offer Letters Distributed:
- Friday, February 24
Student Responses Due:
- Friday, March 3
Applicants are chosen not for their individual qualities, but also in connection with the larger needs and dynamics of each ministerial and University community.